Hardwood Wall Care & Maintenance
Your new hardwood walling will add warmth and beauty to your home for years to come. Following a few simple maintenance steps however, will help protect your investment.
- Blot up spills and spots immediately (Standing moisture will penetrate into the wood causing irreversible discoloration and damages
- Periodically clean wall with recommended hardwood cleaner such as a Bona Cleaning Kit. (Never use other cleaning products or detergents.)The manufacturer recommends a Terry Cloth style mop. For daily wiping the manufacturer recommends the use of distilled water applied to the mop with a spray bottle. (Tap water contains ingredients that may leave an unsightly film.
- ALWAYS WIPE DRY IMMEDIATELY until no moisture is visible on the wall. Do not use wax, polish, oil soap, abrasive cleaners, steel wool, scouring powder, or ANY appreciable amount of water
- Do not use wet mops, wet scrubbers or steam cleaners as these products will cause irreversible discoloration and damages
Protecting Your Investment
- Your newly installed walls are real wood and therefore are subject to change from excessive moisture, or non-conforming environmental conditions. Remove any standing water immediately, and maintain an indoor relative humidity level of 35-55% throughout the year to minimize the natural expansion and contraction of wood
- Avoid gouges or cuts in your wall from sharp objects. While your newly installed wall is one of the most wear-resistant walls on the market, it is not impervious to damage.
- Rearrange pictures, clocks, and other decor periodically so the wall ages evenly. UV sunlight will change the color of different species to varying degree,
All rights reserved © 2017 Hardwood Bargains1340 Airport Commerce Dr. #425 Austin, TX 78741